We independently review everything we recommend. The information is provided by Lenovo Tablet Turns On But The Screen Is Black | Cause+Fix and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we may earn a commission if you buy something through links on our post. Learn more
No need to freak out if you turn on your Lenovo laptop and nothing happens. Lenovo laptop’s black screen may be fixed without buying a new laptop or computer. Let’s start with the solution of Lenovo Tablet Turns On But The Screen Is Black.
Lenovo Tablet Turns On But The Screen Is Black
Press the Windows key while holding down Shift, Ctrl, and B. This ought to restore the screen. Apply any Windows updates after that. Safe mode startup of the computer can assist in identifying the problem.
Causes Of A Lenovo Black Screen
There are numerous reasons why your Lenovo laptop’s screen isn’t working. Included are:
- Errors caused by faulty hardware Screen failure can be caused by worn-out hardware components and accessories such as keyboards and mice.
- A malfunctioning display: The picture may not be displayed if there is a problem with the display.
- If your laptop’s battery is low or dead, it could cause an issue with your screen.
- Your screen display might be affected by software problems, such as those in Windows and other apps.
How To Fix Lenovo Black Screen?
You can do several things to restart your Lenovo laptop if the screen goes dark. To find a solution, follow these steps sequentially.
- Start your PC from scratch. Restarting your computer can do so much good. Don’t connect any peripherals to your computer and restart it! If your problem is solved, it is most likely because of an associated peripheral.
- Switch back to the default settings. Type in the following on your keyboard: Ctrl+Shift+B (Windows key). Immediately after pressing all the keys, release them. If your display isn’t working, you can try resetting the connection.
- Remove all of your laptop’s peripherals. USB hubs, cables, wired and wireless mice, and keyboards are included here. Your display may not work properly if the software or driver for one of these peripherals is corrupted.
- Perform a factory reset if it doesn’t work. A hard reset is identical to a power cycle in this case. Unplug your Lenovo laptop from any power source, remove the battery, and allow it to sit for 30 seconds to a minute.
- A 60-second power-on press is all that’s needed to restart your tablet. Try restarting and seeing if the display comes back on and the machine powers up properly.
- Connect to a second display device. To test your laptop’s LCD and LCD cables, connect it to an external monitor through a VGA or HDMI cable, depending on the connectors available on your computer’s motherboard. After that, perform a system restore and start your computer again.
- An external monitor or television output is expected upon PC restart. F4 (or another key with a rectangle box with vertical lines on the left and right meant to represent a monitor) may be necessary if you don’t already have one.
A malfunctioning LCD or LCD cable may be blamed if the computer displays on an external monitor. Replace the LCD cable if it’s worn out or broken. It’s best to send it to a repair shop if it doesn’t work, as LCD screens can be delicate to replace. Follow the actions outlined below to ensure that this isn’t a more serious issue.
- Improve the performance of your graphics card by installing the most recent version of its drivers. Having a faulty or out-of-date graphics driver can cause the display to malfunction. Update the driver and restart your tablet to see if the display comes back on when you do so
- Updating Windows is a good idea. If it doesn’t work, you may want to try updating Windows. A lot of your computer’s systems are controlled by Windows updates. As a result, if you don’t keep up with them, you may notice problems with your computer. Update the latest version of Windows and see if that fixes the problem.
- The exporer.exe process must be restarted. Your computer’s desktop, toolbar, and a host of other features are all under the control of Explorer.exe. You can have a dark screen if something went wrong and that process was closed by accident. Try restarting it to see if it helps:
- To access the Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Escape.
- Please take an in-depth look at the information by clicking on it.
- After you’ve found and selected explorer.exe, click End Task to close it.
- Check to see if a restart of your computer fixes the display problem.
- Perform a full PC reset. A hard reset will restore your computer to its factory default settings, which means you’ll lose all your data if you choose this option. Try to get a backup of the data before commencing the reset if you must utilize this option.
How Do I Force Restart My Lenovo Tablet?
The device will reboot and go through the boot-up routine if you press and hold the Power button for 10 to 20 seconds.
Is There A Reset Button On A Lenovo Tablet?
For performing a reset on the Lenovo tablet you can do this: Power + Volume Up + Volume Down.
For Lenovo Tablet Turns On But The Screen Is Black, you may need to check the internal wires that connect your laptop’s screen to the computer’s motherboard or display. Repairing computers is a specialized skill set that may require the services of a professional if you lack that experience. Remember that if your computer is still under warranty, contact Lenovo first.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can you do if your Lenovo tablet has a black screen?
For five seconds, hold down the power button on your computer. To restart the tablet, press the Reset button, which can be found between the SD card and SIM card slots. To access this, you must open a door on the side of the tablet (beneath the buttons).
Why black screen of death appears on Android devices?
When an Android phone’s screen goes black, there are numerous possible causes. The following are some of the most common explanations for this: Set up programs that aren’t compatible with your phone or include bugs or malware. Ensure that the phone is fully charged before using it.
What can I do to fix the black screen of death?
Why can you receive calls on an Android cellphone even when the blank screen seems unusual at first. Suppose this happens to you; press and hold the power button for 30 seconds before releasing it. Call or utilize Find My Device to see if the phone rings after two minutes of not using the power button.
What is the procedure for restarting my Lenovo?
Hold down the Volume Down button when you view the Recovery mode screen. In Recovery mode, press the Power button to restart the device. After seeing an Android robot with a red exclamation point, hit the Power button and then the Volume Up button to bring up the menu selections.